Using SMS as a communication tool throughout the event process
SMS is the quickest, most accessible way to communicate with your customers. Text messages don’t rely on WiFi or apps being downloaded and are supported by all types of phones and networks.
Communicating with attendees and staff throughout the event process is a great way of increasing sales, improving the morale and productivity of staff, engaging and communicating with the customer, offering an unforgettable experience and ensuring repeat bookings.
Despite the above, only 10% of event and entertainment companies use text messaging. With 1.3 million events each year in the UK, the competition is high. We’d like to share some fool-proof ways you can use SMS within your industry to compete with some of the most successful events around.
Before the event
- Promote your event to last year’s attendees and others who have signed up to receive updates
- Send early bird promotions or last minute deals
- Send booking reference numbers or ticket URL’s straight to the customer’s handset
- Update attendees on the weather and venue conditions letting them know what’s best to pack; wellies, sun cream or both!
- Send important updates, alterations and cancellation notifications
During the event
- Create free keywords on our shared shortcode for guests to text to receive up to date event information
- Update customers in the event of an evacuation or emergency
- Text staff information on breaks and where they need to be at certain times
- Send offers for cheap drinks, food or merchandise
- Run competitions or use interactive screens to encourage attendee engagement and interaction
- Thank your customers for attending
- Offer discounted, early-bird rates for your next event
- Send a link to a social media account holding photos of the event and encourage attendees to tag themselves
- Send an SMS survey to customers to find out if they enjoyed your event and to learn how you can improve in the future. SurveyMill lets you easily send a survey to your entire database in seconds
Enjoy enhancing your customer’s event experience using text messaging and please give us a shout if you have any questions.